The City Roots farm will now be available for event rental!
As a City Roots venue renter, you are welcome to do your own catering, bar, event planning, etc., although we have preferred vendors for all to whom we can refer you if you want help! More on that, below.
Venue rental fee includes the following:
Use of contemporary barn hall, front and back porches
Use of surrounding outdoor space (farm is 2.8 acres total)
Use of portion of greenhouses w/indoor tilapia pond
4-6 hours of venue liaison services on date of event
Also included in rental fee:
• garbage up to 2 city-size bins
• recycling up to 2 city-size bins
• referrals for services below, and more
Contemporary Barn Hall features: high ceilings, exposed studs, poured concrete floors, low-flush eco-toilet and nice bathroom, limited use of large walk-in refrigerator, industrial size interior sink, smaller outdoor sink, power, water, six (6) eight ft. long tables, four (4) six ft. long tables, a handful of eclectic folding chairs, natural ventilation via clerestory windows and ground level windows, front porch w/ceiling fans and porch swing, back porch. Note: our barn hall is not heated or cooled artificially; the greenhouse, however, is kept at a semi-tropical temperature year-round.
We have hosted events as small as 10 people for an intimate, seated luncheon in the barn to a bluegrass BBQ party for 75 to a full-blown festival for 5000. Talk to us!
We have one main indoor space, two covered outdoor spaces, and a large uncovered, outdoor space;
For indoor banquet seating, the barn hall will accommodate roughly 40-50 people seated at tables, or 75 standing for cocktails.
The covered porches combined can accommodate another 24-30ppl in banquet seating or 30-40ppl standing for cocktails.
The outdoor “back yard” between the barn and the fields can accommodate another 75ppl seated banquet style, 100-150 for drinks.
The greenhouse can accommodate roughly 20-40ppl seated banquet style or 60 for cocktails.
Our cleanup policy: much like a forest, leave it like you found it!
Renter is responsible for leaving the barn hall, bathroom and porches broom-clean, with surfaces wiped down, sinks clean and clear, and all event detritus removed, or placed in compost bin, trash can or recycle bin (we will guide you!)
Greenhouse should be left as it was found. We don’t expect you to sweep up dirt from our microgreens operations, though!
We can arrange for inexpensive cleaning services upon request for an additional fee.
Additional services can be added to rental contract for a separate fee:
We can help you organize all kinds of creative scenarios!
o White tablecloth Dinners in the Field with chef-prepared courses of fresh, sustainably produced local produce, meats, fish, fowl, etc.
o Oyster roasts, Beaufort stew parties & shrimp boils;
o Outdoor pit-cooking parties; marshmallow roasts; fireside chats w/spiked hot cocoa or
o A make-your-own-slice pizza bar w/City Roots salad;
o Or even a fish fry using tilapia you’ve caught by hand in our indoor fish pond.
The sky, of which we have a great deal out here, is literally the limit! Other ideas include…
• Fun little farm activities like feeding the chickens, going on a guided harvest and then enjoying the returns, etc.
• Sourcing/procurement of compostable and eco-friendly event supplies
• Bar Sourcing: bar, bartenders, servingware, beverages, ice, coolers, etc.
• Catering by local favorites with an eye toward sustainable, locally produced food
• Rentals: tables, chairs, linens, glasses, etc.
• Additional venue liaisons, depending on size and scope of event
• Flowers – foraged, from a florist, or both
• Outdoor fire circle(s) with chairs for lounging
• Entertainment: live music from bluegrass to jazz to classical to rock, lecturers, instructors, karaoke, whatever! We have very little in the way of neighbors, despite our downtown location.
• Audio/visual equipment
• Guided farm tours
• Workshops + seminars in sustainable gardening, vermicomposting, etc.
• Event-based fundraising services
• Additional garbage and recycling for large events
• Post-event cleanup
For pricing and availability please contact Courtney Brooks at email@example.com
For event rental payment via paypal please select number of item monetary increments in your paypal cart to achieve agreed rental amount.